The key functional areas and activities of the Ministry of Higher Education, Training and Innovation are to oversee
- Higher Education
- Vocational Education and Training (TVET)
- Science, Technology and Innovation
Since its inception in March 2015, the tasks and activities of the Ministry have been focused on contributing to the acceleration of economic growth, sustainable development and poverty reduction, in line with Vision 2030.
The strategic objectives, programmes and initiatives of the Ministry address the higher education, training and innovation priority areas of Namibia through:
- Legislative, policy and regulatory framework development
- Research, development and innovation
- Institutional capacity building
- Stakeholder relations management
- Quality assurance in higher and vocational education
- Equitable and accessible higher education and vocational training
Through these strategic objectives, programmes and initiatives, the Ministry aims to produce highly skilled human resources capable of contributing to the economic growth and sustainable development of Namibia.