The various mandates of the Ministry are carried out by our Directorates.
Directorate National Council for Higher Education (NCHE)
- Coordinate higher education in pursuit of a knowledge-based society.
- Enhance the relevance and responsiveness of higher education to national development goals.
- Accredit programmes of higher education institutions and audit higher education institutions.
- Provide advice on efficient and equitable funding for public higher education.
Directorate Planning and Quality Assurance
- Coordinate and develop the Ministerial Strategic Plan, Annual Plan, Medium Term Plan, and Performance Agreements, and compile the Accountability Report.
- Coordinate and implement Bilateral and Multilateral Agreements.
- Monitor and evaluate Capital Projects and Budget.
Directorate National Commission for UNESCO
- Manage relations between Namibia and UNESCO, and ensure that Namibia derives maximum benefits from UNESCO resources and expertise.
Directorate Research and Innovation
- Ensure that research, science, technology and innovation initiatives are in accordance with national policies and laws.
Directorate Vocational Education and Training
- Enhance access to vocational skills needed by Industry.
- Provide financial support to trainees.
- Ensure relevance of training through industry involvement.
Directorate of General Services
Mandate of the Subdivision Auxiliary Services:
- Office maintenance and contract management.
- Fleet management.
- Registry services.
- Procurement of goods and services and stock control.
Mandate of the Subdivision Finance:
- Maintain prudent financial management.
- Prepare and execute Ministry’s budget in line with Laws and Regulations governing State Finances.
Mandate of the Subdivision Human Resources:
- Provide administrative support and advisory services on issues pertaining to human resource management.
- Manage staff training and development.
- Ensure rules and regulations are correctly understood, implemented and complied with.
Mandate of the Subdivision ICT Infrastructure and System Administration and Support Services:
- Provide Information Communication Technology (ICT) services, Systems Administration and networking to all MHETI staff members.